Saturday, 28 May 2011

Guilt

My posts are often less frequent than I would like due to the amount of work I have to do. It's not that I work solidly 24 hours a day, but I just feel guilty for doing other things, particularly things I enjoy, when I have so much 'proper' work to be doing.
This guilt affects so many areas of my life, and prevents me doing a lot of things that might make me feel better, or at least make me feel like I actually had some semblance of a life.
I'm so sick of feeling guilty and being afraid. On it's own that's not enough to change things, but it must be a start. I guess it goes on of two ways, gives you the kick you need to pick yourself up or knocks you even further down. Here's hoping it works out for the best.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about guilt. It never leaves and lets me enjoy the free time I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilt is a barrier for me. It hurts me much more than it helps. I have started reading Jon Kabat-Zinn's book, Wherever You Go There You Are. I recommend it. He deals with the need to have time for non-doing.

    I also suffer with depression and am writing a blog:
    ahopefilledlife.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete